2012/2013 VALENCIA FLYERS/EXPRESS AA TRYOUTS Published on 6/1/2012 12:17:00 PM
A new and exciting hockey program has come to Southern California.
It is the creation of a developmental hockey program that surpasses any AAA program and affords all participating players the opportunity to grow and develop from Bantam AA all the way up to Junior A, with the next step being Collegiate Hockey.
We are very pleased to announce that the Valencia Express along with the Valencia Flyers Junior A Hockey Club have combined forces in order to create and offer such a program.
The Valencia Flyers, members of the Western States Hockey League (WSHL) for the past 11 seasons, along with the Express are proud to announce the inaugural season of a new Tier II AA Hockey Program.
2012/2013 VALENCIA FLYERS/EXPRESS AA TRYOUTS
Friday June 8, 2012 - Bantam AA, Midget 16AA, and Midget 18AA
Saturday June 9, 2012 - Bantam AA, Midget 16AA, and Midget 18AA
Sunday June 10, 2012 - Bantam AA, Midget 16AA, and Midget 18AA
TRYOUT DATES AND TIMES (ALL DIVISIONS):
Friday June 8, 2012 6:15pm
Saturday June 9, 2012 12:30pm
Sunday June 10, 2012 12:45pm
MIDGET 16 AA
Friday June 8, 2012 8:45pm
Saturday June 9, 2012 11:15am
Sunday June 10, 2012 10:15am
MIDGET 18 AA
Friday June 8, 2012 7:30pm
Saturday June 9, 2012 10:00am
Sunday June 10, 2012 11:30am
TIER PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS
The Valencia Flyers / Express Tier program will be under the tutelage of Jocelyn Langlois, Head Coach of the Junior A Flyers and Director of Player Development under the new Tier program.
Coach Langlois, along with members of the Flyers coaching staff, will supervise, attend and assist in all aspects of team formation, practices and game preparations. The ultimate goal will be to prepare and develop players to advance to Junior Hockey and/or to having college choices.
If you were to become a Jr. Flyer, you would enjoy the following benefits:
- 3 hours per week of practice ice
- Midget 18 AA will participate in 2 weekly 1.5 hour full ice practices
- Midget 16 AA will participate in 2 weekly 1 hour full ice practices and a weekly skills/ power skating clinic.
- Bantam AA will participate in 2 weekly 1 hour full ice practices and a weekly skills/ power skating clinic.
- 2 dry land sessions, per week, will be held in the new Ice Station Training Center under the direction of the Valencia Flyers strength and conditioning coach.
- Game and practice jerseys will be included
- Game and practice socks will be included
- Team work out shorts and shirt will be included
- Team warm ups will be included
- Team equipment bag will be included
- Team helmet and gloves will be included
- Team pant shells will be included
- Additional practice time with the Flyers Junior A team (based on a merit system)
- Regular Video sessions will be held
- Opportunity to advance to the Junior A team (18AA and 16AA only)
This program has been designed to develop and promote all players for advancement to the highest levels of youth and junior hockey.
YOUR COACHES ARE LISTED BELOW:
Bantam AA - Sebastian Azra
Head Coach of the Valencia Express A/B Program and winner of the 2010 Peewee AA National Championship
Midget 16 AA - Matt Johnson
Matt is a former Head Coach of the University of Massachusetts-Amherst and has been involved in California youth hockey for the last two years.
Midget 18 AA - Justin Dyke & Jocelyn Langlois
Justin has served as an Assistant Coach on the Valencia Flyers Junior A team and is a Flyers Alumni. Justin has also served as a Valencia Express coach in seasons past.
Jocelyn Langlois, former professional hockey player, is presently the Head Coach of the Valencia Flyers Junior A team and is also the Director of Player Development for all Hockey Operations at Ice Station.
Below are some basic tryout guidelines. If you have questions or would like additional information please contact Jocelyn Langlois at 661-775-8686 ext. 234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Or contact Scott Allegrini at 661-775-8686 ext. 204 or email email@example.com.
- Please make sure that you arrive a minimum of 40 minutes prior to the start of your tryout. This will ensure sufficient time to prepare and to be ready to take to the ice.
- Provide proof of USA Hockey registration for the 2012/2013 season along with a copy of your Birth Certificate (if you are a new player to the Express)
- Be prepared to stay behind after the tryout to find out if you made the team and/or to find out what other instructions have been given.
- Be advised that Letters of Intent (LOI) are not to leave the rink.
- If you are offered a LOI, you will be asked to accept it and to sign it. Should you decide not to execute the LOI, please be advised that you will forego your spot on the team and another player will then be offered that position. There will not be any exceptions to this process.
- Do not leave the rink without making sure that the Coach has made a selection regarding your status.
- Announcements for all uniform fittings will be forthcoming.
On behalf of the Express and the Flyers organization, we look forward to seeing you at the tryouts.